GoPro is regarded as one of the best action camera manufacturers in the world and now they have a new device which the company says is their most powerful and convenient yet.
The HERO 6 was announced late last week and, although it looks similar to last year’s HERO 5, it now features a custom-designed GP1 processor which is capable of shooting 4K video at 60 frames per second and 1080p slow-motion footage at 240fps
Tucked inside its tiny waterproof design is also the best image stabilisation ever seen in a GoPro making footage appear far more smooth and steady.
HERO 6 has also has dramatically improved dynamic range and low-light performance making it better to take footage when the lights are low.
Speaking about the camera, GoPro’s founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman, said: “HERO6’s next-level image quality, video stabilisation and three times faster QuikStories performance makes it a powerful storytelling extension of your smartphone.
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES OF THE HERO6?
• The HERO 6 is powered by GoPro’s Custom-Designed GP1 Processor which is much more powerful than anything seen before in an action cam.
• New camera can record in 4K at 60fps and 1080p 240fps Video – This is compared to the HERO5 which had a maximum of 30 frames per second for 4K.
• Includes QuikStories which can download footage and edit it automatically on your smartphone.
• Most Advanced Stabilisation of any HERO camera
• All-New Touch Zoom and three times Faster Offload Speeds via 5GHz Wi-Fi
• Waterproof to 33 Feet (10m)
• Improved Dynamic Range and Low-Light Performance plus RAW and HDR Photo Modes
• Voice Control in 10 Languages